The main advantages of pneumatic butterfly valves
Pneumatic butterfly valves play an important role in our daily lives. They use round butterfly plates that rotates around the valve stems as opening and closing member in order to achieve the opening action. They are mainly used as shut-off valves, but can also be designed to have regulating functions. Currently sanitary butterfly valves are increasingly used in low-pressure large and medium-diameter pipelines.
The main advantages of pneumatic butterfly valves:
1. Small and lightweight, easy disassembly and maintenance. They can be installed in any position.
2. Simple and compact structure. Small operating torque. Quick 90 degrees rotating opening.
3. The flow characteristics are of a straight line. The regulating performance is good.
4. The connection between butterfly plate and valve stem uses the no-pin structure, overcoming the possibility of any internal leakage point.
5. The outer sphere of the butterfly valve uses spherical shape, improving the sealing performance and prolonging the valve’s service life. Opening and closing under pressure more than 50000 times still remains zero leakage.
6. The sealing item can be replaced. The sealing is so reliable that two-way sealing can be achieved.
7. According to user requirements, the butterfly plates can be sprayed coating, such as nylon or PTFE.
8. Pneumatic butterfly valves can be design into flange connection and clip connection.
9. The driving method can include manual, electric or pneumatic.