Sanitary Butterfly Valve Maintenance
Sanitary butterfly valves, like other mechanical products, also require maintenance. By doing this work well, the service life of the valve can be extended. Here, Adamantvalves will introduce the maintenance of sanitary butterfly valves.
1. During application of sanitary butterfly valve, it should always be kept clean. The drive thread must be lubricated regularly. When the fault is found, it should be stopped immediately to find out the reason to clear the fault.
2. Packing gland bolts should be evenly tightened, which should not be pressed into a crooked state, so as not to hinder the stem movement or cause leakage.
3. When it is installed, the valve can be connected directly on the pipeline. Under normal circumstances, it can be installed anywhere in the pipeline, but the position is best to facilitate the operation of the overhaul. Note that the flow of stop-valve media should be vertical flap up flow, and lifting check valve can only be installed horizontally.
4. When using the butterfly valve, only fully open or fully closed state is permitted. It does not allow to adjust the flow, so as to avoid the erosion of the sealing surface and accelerate the wear and tear. Gate valve and thread shut-off valve has the inverted seal device. Handwheel screwed to the top position can prevent media from leakage at the packing.
5. Handwheel should be used when opening and closing the butterfly valve. Do not use levers or other tools, so as not to damage the valve. Handwheel rotates clockwise to close, and opposite direction to open.