Daily Use of Butterfly Valve
What are the uses of butterfly valves?
The butterfly valve has a wide range of applications. It is suitable for flow regulation. As the pressure loss of butterfly valve in the pipeline is large, which is about three times that of the gate valve, so when choosing butterfly valves, we need to fully consider the impact of the pipeline system from pressure loss, and we should also consider the firmness of the butterfly plate withstanding the medium pressure of the pipeline when the valve is closed, as well as the limitations of the operating temperature elastic valve seat materials, can withstand under high temperature.
The structural length and overall height of the butterfly valve are relatively small. The opening and closing are quick. It has good fluid control characteristics. Its structure mechanism is most suitable for the production of large diameter valves. When the butterfly valve is used to control the flow, it’s most important to properly select the size and type of butterfly valve so as to make it work more effectively.
The Occasion of Use of Butterfly Valve
1. In general, in throttling, regulation, and mud medium, it is required that the structural length be short, the opening and closing be quick. For low-pressure shut-off, it’s recommended to use sanitary butterfly valve.
2. In double-position adjustment, necking channel, low noise, cavitation and gasification, a small amount of leakage to the atmosphere, and corrosive media, butterfly valve can be used.
3. Throttling under special working conditions, or using butterfly valve under working conditions in which the wear is serious and the temperature is low, we need to use three eccentric or double eccentric special butterfly valve that is specially designed with regulating devices.
4. In addition to being used as a large-scale pressure swing adsorption gas separation device program control valve, metal-to-metal surface sealing three eccentric butterfly valves can also be widely used in petroleum, petrochemical, chemical, metallurgy, electric power, and other fields. It is a very good alternative product for gate valves and shut-off valves.
5. Centerline butterfly valve is suitable for fresh water, sewage, seawater, brine, steam, natural gas, food, medicine, oil, and other products that require complete sealing, zero gas leakage, long service life, operating temperature of -10~150 degrees Celsius.
6. Metal-to-metal linear sealing double eccentric butterfly valve is suitable for urban heating, gas supply, water supply and gas, oil, acid, and other pipelines as regulating and shut-off devices.
7. Soft eccentric butterfly valve is suitable for the two-way opening and closing and regulation of ventilation and dust-wiping pipelines. It is widely used in metallurgy, light industry, electricity, and gas pipelines, and waterways of petrochemical systems.
Thank you for reading our article and we hope it can help you better understand the daily use of butterfly valves. If you want to learn more about the daily use of butterfly valves, we would like to advise you to visit Adamant Valve homepage for more information.