The Advantages of Pneumatic Ball Valve
The pneumatic ball valve is a new type of valve that is widely used in recent years. It is mainly used in pipelines to shut off, distribute and change the flow direction of the media.
It has the following advantages:
1. The fluid resistance is small.
The resistance coefficient is equal to that of the pipe of the same length.
2. Simple structure, small size, lightweight.
3. Tight and reliable.
Currently, plastic is widely used in the sealing surface material of sanitary ball valves. With good sealing performance, it is also widely used in vacuum systems.
4. Easy operation, quick opening, and closing.
It only takes 90-degree rotation to move from “fully open” to “fully closed”, which is convenient for remote control.
5. Easy maintenance.
Pneumatic ball valve has a simple structure. The sealing ring is generally active, which is convenient for disassembly and replacement.
6. When fully open or fully closed, the sphere and the sealing surface of the valve seat are isolated from the medium. When the medium passes through, it will not cause corrosion of the sealing surface of the valve.
7. Wide range of applications.
The diameter can be as small as a few millimeters, and as large as a few meters. It can be applied in environments from high vacuum to high pressure.
8. It’s relatively safe to use because the power source used in a pneumatic ball valve is gas, which is usually 0.2-0.8MPa pressure. Compared with hydraulic and electric valves, if there’s a leakage in the pneumatic ball valve, the gas can be directly discharged, with no pollution to the environment.
9. Compared with manual and turbine-operated ball valves, pneumatic ball valves are available in larger diameters.
Pneumatic ball valve has been widely used in petroleum, chemical, power generation, paper, atomic energy, aviation, rockets, and other fields, as well as in people’s daily lives.