How to Maintain a Sanitary Butterfly Valve?
Sanitary butterfly valves, like other mechanical products, also require maintenance. By doing this work well, the service life of the valve can be extended.
Here, Adamantvalves will introduce the maintenance of sanitary butterfly valves.
1. During the application of the sanitary butterfly valve, it should always be kept clean. The driving thread must be lubricated regularly. When the fault is found, it should be stopped immediately to find out the reason to clear the fault.
2. Packing gland bolts should be evenly tightened, which should not be pressed into a crooked state, so as not to hinder the stem movement or cause leakage.
3. When it is installed, the valve can be connected directly to the pipeline. Under normal circumstances, it can be installed anywhere in the pipeline, but the position is best to facilitate the operation of the overhaul. Note that the flow of stop-valve media should be vertical flap up flow, and the lifting check valve can only be installed horizontally.
4. When using the butterfly valve, only a fully open or fully closed state is permitted. It does not allow to adjust the flow, so as to avoid the erosion of the sealing surface and accelerate the wear and tear. The gate valve and thread shut-off valve have the inverted seal device. Handwheel screwed to the top position can prevent media from leakage at the packing.
5. Handwheel should be used when opening and closing the butterfly valve. Do not use levers or other tools, so as not to damage the valve. Handwheel rotates clockwise to close, and opposite direction to open.
Butterfly valve: A butterfly valve is a valve that isolates or regulates the flow of a fluid. The closing mechanism is a disk that rotates. In operation, the valve is fully open or closed when the disc is rotated a quarter turn. The “butterfly” is a metal disc mounted on a rod. When the valve is closed, the disc is turned so that it completely blocks off the passageway. When the valve is fully open, the disc is rotated a quarter turn so that it allows an almost unrestricted passage of the fluid. The valve may also be opened incrementally to throttle flow.
Thank you for reading our article and we hope it can help you better understand sanitary butterfly valve maintenance. If you want to learn more about sanitary butterfly valve maintenance, we would like to advise you to visit Adamant Valve homepage for more information.